Rise of Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walking Dead, Marvel, DC, TMNT RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Avengers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WalkerBait
Admin
WalkerBait

The Avengers  Empty
PostSubject: The Avengers    The Avengers  EmptyMon May 09, 2016 12:19 am

IRON MAN / TONY STARK

The Avengers  Iron%20Man
Play By: Robert Downey Jr.

“Genius, billionaire, playboy philanthropist” -Tony Stark

An American billionaire playboy, business magnate, and ingenious engineer, Tony Stark suffers a severe chest injury during a kidnapping in which his captors attempt to force him to build a weapon of mass destruction. He instead creates a powered suit of armor to save his life and escape captivity. Later, Stark augments his suit with weapons and other technological devices he designed through his company, Stark Industries. He uses the suit and successive versions to protect the world. Extremely intelligent and often times executes perfect snark, Tony suffers from extreme anxiety following a traumatic experience that nearly claimed his life during his first assignment as an Avenger.

Many people in the media think that Tony Stark is just an egocentric playboy. But It is shown that Tony does care for people, especially his friends. Although he causes trouble on occasion, he is more than willing to make up for his mistakes, which is also why he became a superhero. Charming, brilliant, cocky, Tony is a classic playboy. His wealth, power, and natural charms allows him to get just about any woman he wants. But despite his rather carefree and overly confident personality, inside his heart lies loneliness as Ho Yinsen pointed out, 'A man that has everything, but has nothing'.

[Availability: OPEN]

~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

CAPTAIN AMERICA / STEVE ROGERS

The Avengers  Captain%20america
[Play By: Chris Evans]

"I could do this all day!" -Steve Rogers

In World War II patriotic solider Steve Rogers recipient of the "Super Soldier Serum" became the living symbol of freedom, Captain America. Left for dead while frozen in ice, the star-spangled hero with an indestructible shield awoke years later to continue his never-ending battle for liberty. Rogers is passionate to a fault, and deathly loyal to his beliefs.

Considered by many as the world's first and greatest superhero, Captain America has been defined by his courage and righteousness.

Steve Rogers has always had a noble and honest spirit, intolerant towards injustice and abuses of power. Since he grew up weak and small, he learned on his own that true strength is having the courage to fight against abuse no matter one's power and having compassion for the innocent. Despite being transformed into a perfect human by the Super Soldier Serum, he maintained his original spirit and character. Since his reawakening, Rogers was saddened by losing so much from his time but still retains the same values he had since the 1940s. Due to his famed past exploits and his continued works to save the world, Rogers is generally respected by many; even if he doesn't seek acknowledgement for his deeds.

Last edited by Cherokee Rose on Mon May 09, 2016 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://landofthefallen.forumotion.com
WalkerBait
Admin
WalkerBait

The Avengers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avengers    The Avengers  EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:50 am

JAMES RHODES (RHODEY) / WAR MACHINE / IRON PARTIOT

The Avengers  Warmachine2
[Play By: Don Cheadle]

" But, you know, the suit can take the weight, right? So I take the tank, drop it right off at the general's palace, drop it at his feet. I'm, like, "Boom. Are you looking for this? Boom. Are you looking for... Why do I even talk to you guys? Everyone else, that story kills." James Rhodes

Colonel James Rupert Rhodes, commonly known as Rhodey, is a U.S. military officer and jet pilot in the U.S. Air Force. He is the best friend of Tony Stark/Iron Man and the liaison between Stark Industries and the military in the Department of Acquisitions, when Stark was kidnapped by the Ten Rings, Rhodes led the mission to rescue his friend. He is known as War Machine when wearing his heavily-armed battlesuit but his alias was temporarily rebranded to Iron Patriot during Aldrich Killian's War.

Having shown his worth during the Battle of Sokovia in which he battled an army of Ultron Sentries, Rhodes became a member of the Avengers under the leadership of Captain America. However Rhodes soon came into conflict with his team-mates when he and Tony Stark sided with Thaddeus Ross on the Sokovia Accords.

~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

BUCKY / JAMES BUCHANAN BARNES/ THE WINTER SOLDIER

The Avengers  Bucky
[Play By: Sebastian Stan]

"I'm with you to the end of the line, pal." -Bucky Barnes

Sergeant James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes is the childhood friend of Steve Rogers and a member of an elite special unit of Allied soldiers formed in World War II known as the Howling Commandos. He was assumed deceased after falling off of Zola's Train. Unbeknownst to the Commandos, Zola's experimentation allowed Bucky to survive the fall. HYDRA subjected him to brainwashing as part of their "Winter Soldier" program. Under HYDRA's control, Bucky would be responsible for countless assassinations including political targets. Bucky became a formidable fighter and an even more ruthless killer. His experiences with the KGB would earn him the name of The Winter Soldier.

WalkerBait
Admin
WalkerBait

The Avengers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avengers    The Avengers  EmptyMon May 09, 2016 12:17 pm

NATASHA ROMANOFF / BLACK WIDOW

The Avengers  Widow3

[Play By:Scarlett Johansson ]

""You know what's about to happen. Do you really want to punch your way out of this?" -Black Widow

Natalia Alianovna "Natasha" Romanoff, better known as Black Widow, is one of the best spies and assassins in the world. Originally an agent of the Soviet agency for foreign intelligence, the KGB; she later became a member of S.H.I.E.L.D., the international counter-intelligence agency. Having extensive mastery in the martial arts and armed with her Widow's Bite, Black Widow was one of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s most talented agents. When Loki declared war on Earth, Black Widow joined the Avengers and helped to defend New York City.

She is capable of convincingly portraying friendly and flirtatious, timid, vulnerable and scared. For the most part, she is a level headed, strong-willed and independent woman. Romanoff normally maintains a controlled, almost emotionless persona to keep whatever she is thinking a secret unless she is around people she absolutely trusts.

SCARLET WITCH / WANDA MAXIMOFF

The Avengers  Scarletwitch

[Play By: Elizabeth Olsen]

"If you do this, they will never stop being afraid of you."
"I can't control their fear, only my own."
―Vision and Wanda Maximoff

Wanda Maximoff is a native of the Eastern European country of Sokovia who grew with her twin brother, Pietro. In an effort to help purge their country of strife, the twins agreed to undergo experiments with the Scepter under the supervision of Wolfgang von Strucker's HYDRA cell, and achieved superpowers as a result, with Wanda attaining various telekinetic, telepathic and energy manipulating abilities. When HYDRA fell, the twins joined the robot Ultron to get their revenge on Tony Stark, but eventually switched sides and joined the Avengers when they discovered Ultron's true intentions.

Compared to her brother, Pietro, Wanda is quieter and less aggressive. Despite that, she appears to have full control of her power and would not hesitate to use it on her enemies to achieve her goals.

Last edited by Cherokee Rose on Tue May 10, 2016 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://landofthefallen.forumotion.com
WalkerBait
Admin
WalkerBait

The Avengers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avengers    The Avengers  EmptyMon May 09, 2016 1:18 pm

T'CHALLA / BLACK PANTHER

The Avengers  Blackpanther

[Play By: Chadwick Boseman]

"The Black Panther has been a protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle passed from warrior to warrior. Now because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So I ask you, as both warrior and king, how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" ―Black Panther to Captain America

T'Challa is the king of the Kingdom of Wakanda, assuming the role of the protector of his tribe, Black Panther. Due to his father being assassinated in a terrorist attack orchestrated by Colonel Helmut Zemo, T'Challa focused on killing the man he believed to be responsible - Winter Soldier. This led him into the conflict between the Avengers, siding with Iron Man's team. However, when T'Challa learned of Zemo's deception, he assisted Winter Soldier and allowed him to recover from his trauma in Wakanda.

T'Challa has high respect towards other people, especially towards his father, T'Chaka. He honors the tradition and principles of Wakanda and is willing to take action whenever it is necessary. When his father died he was willing and ready to take on his rightful place as king of Wakanda. While he does not seem to favor a fight, he was very quick trying to avenge his father's death.

SAM WILSON / FALCON

The Avengers  Falcon3
[Play By:Anthony Mackie]

"I just wanna make sure we consider all our options. Because people who shoot at you usually wind up shooting at me too." ―Sam Wilson to Captain America

Samuel Thomas "Sam" Wilson, better known as Falcon, is a former United States Air Force paratrooper who retired from active duty and began helping fellow soldiers who were suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. During this time Wilson became an ally of Captain America during the HYDRA Uprising and assisted him during his search for Bucky Barnes. After the Ultron Offensive, Wilson became a member of the second incarnation of the Avengers, during which time he had an encounter with Ant-Man who was attempting to break into the New Avengers Facility.

Sam Wilson is one of Captain Steve Rogers' most stalwart friends and allies. Both men found a kindred spirit in each other when they discovered they both shared common life experiences and had similar values. Sam Wilson and Rogers both fought in the military, had to cope with the deaths of friends during war, and had to adjust to life outside of war. For Wilson, he found purpose in helping military veterans adjust to civilian life. Wilson admires Captain America and the ideals he represents. Their commonality helped the two to forge a bond that led Wilson to aid Steve Rogers in many of his heroic exploits. During these exploits, Sam Wilson becomes a hero in his own right, whether it be when the two are fighting shoulder to shoulder together during a mission to save the world or aiding Rogers with a personal matter, such as helping him find the Winter Soldier. In contrast to Rogers' pensive no nonsense attitude, Wilson often displays a more brazen attitude and often makes cheeky comments.

WalkerBait
Admin
WalkerBait

The Avengers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avengers    The Avengers  EmptyMon May 09, 2016 4:59 pm

PETER PARKER / SPIDER-MAN

The Avengers  Spiderman

[Play By: Tom Holland]

"I've been me my whole life, and I've had these powers for 6 months, and I read books, I build computers, and yeah I would love to play football. But I couldn't then so I shouldn't now."

"Sure. Cause' you're different."

"Exactly. But I can't tell anybody that, so I'm not. When you can do the things that I can, but you don't... and then the bad things happen, they happen because of you." -Peter Parker and Tony Stark

Peter Parker is a high school student and a superhero who possesses spider-like abilities under the alter ego of Spider-Man. Despite his best efforts to keep his identity secret from the world, he was found and recruited by Tony Stark to join the Avengers Civil War, gaining a new suit and technology in exchange.  Peter Parker believes that in order to maintain a low profile and keep his identity a secret, he needs to maintain his normal lifestyle. He therefore, does not join the football team or do anything he wouldn't have done before. He has been busy with small crimes and saving people in Queens in order to do his part.

Outside of his Spider-Man persona, Parker lives the life of a normal 15 year old high school student. He cares deeply for his Aunt May. He is a very intelligent science enthusiast, capable of inventing and building his own Web-Shooters. He gathers both science and comic books in his room, along with his Spider-Man costume, which he hides in a tiny room at the ceiling. Keeping his secret identity is very important to him, as he even confronted Tony Stark when he implied to tell his aunt. Parker mentioned a tragic event in his past, which is the reason for why responsibility is so important to him.

[Availability: TAKEN]

ANT-MAN / SCOTT LANG

The Avengers  Antman
[Play By:Paul Rudd]

"Why don't you pick on someone your own size?"
―Scott Lang

Scott Edward Harris Lang is a former professional criminal who was convinced by Hank Pym to take on the mantle of the Ant-Man. He fought against Pym's former protégé, Darren Cross, who had gone insane while trying to recreate the Pym Particles, leading to Lang defending his friends, family and the world as the Ant-Man.

When the Avengers separated into two separate factions over the Sokovia Accords, he was recruited to Captain America's side by Hawkeye. Though given a chance to back out as the faction would be working outside of the law, Lang scoffed at the warning; being a wanted man was not exactly a new experience.

Scott is an affable rogue with a tongue-in-cheek humor. Despite his criminal activity, Lang is a man of honor, good morals and justice (though to the point of being stubborn); it was his sense of honor that led him to his break-in at VistaCorp, where he avenged all the people the corrupt corporation wronged. Scott's desire to right wrongs were often the motivation for his illegal activities, yet his love for his daughter also made him determined to go straight upon his release from prison. Scott only went back to criminal activities when his criminal record ostracized him and gave him no other choice in supporting his daughter.

WalkerBait
Admin
WalkerBait

The Avengers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avengers    The Avengers  EmptyMon May 09, 2016 10:47 pm

VISION

The Avengers  Vision

[Play By: Paul Bettany]

"You know, I don't know what this is. Not really. I know it's not of this world, that it powered Loki's staff, gave you your abilities. But its true nature is a mystery and yet it is part of me."
"Are you afraid of it?"
"I wish to understand it. The more I do, the less it controls me."?Vision and Scarlet Witch

Vision is a powerful, synthetic being born from a Vibranium-laced body created by Ultron and Helen Cho, programmed by Tony Stark and Bruce Banner using J.A.R.V.I.S.-based codes, and activated by the Mind Stone that was hidden inside the Scepter. Originally conceived as the perfect form for Ultron, Vision was repurposed when Tony Stark and Bruce Banner implanted J.A.R.V.I.S.-based codes into his mind, granting him a benevolent personality and a fondness for humanity. This led him to joining the Avengers to stop Ultron. After the Ultron Offensive, Vision formally became a member of the Avengers under the leadership of Captain America.

According to Tony Stark, Vision's personality is Ultron's, only without the megalomaniacal aspects. Vision is a polite, calm, and thoughtful being, in a similar manner to J.A.R.V.I.S., shown when he apologizes to the Avengers and the twins after just being brought to life. Unlike Ultron, he values all forms of life. He is also shown to be blunt, when Vision told Stark that Ultron hates him the most. He also likes to reason with his enemies, and will only attack when threatened. However, when he was first created, Vision lunged at Thor, who was the first person he saw, though only because he felt confused about his surroundings

[Availability: OPEN ]

HAWKEYE / CLINT BARTON

The Avengers  Hawkeye

[Play By: Jeremy Renner]

"Nobody would know. Nobody. The last I saw him, Ultron was sitting on him. Yeah, he’ll be missed, quick little bastard. I miss him already."-Hawkeye

Clinton "Clint" Francis Barton, better known as Hawkeye, is a former special agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Assigned by Nick Fury to watch over the Tesseract, he was brainwashed by Loki during the destruction of Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S. However, after the Attack on the Helicarrier, he was freed from Loki's mental control by Black Widow and joined the Avengers to fight against Loki's alien army in the Battle of New York, ending the Chitauri Invasion.

He then continued to work for S.H.I.E.L.D. until its collapse, after which he and the Avengers worked to bring down the remnants of the terrorist group HYDRA and the psychotic artificial intelligence, Ultron. After the Ultron Offensive, Barton chose to leave the Avengers to return to his wife and children. However, he was soon recruited by Captain America to aid him in his fight against the Sokovia Accords. Barton was briefly imprisoned at the Raft but was secretly freed by Rogers.

Clint Barton is a brave operative with a deadpan focus; dedicated to his job of protecting the innocent. Uniquely, he can be quite compassionate for an assassin and sees the good in people despite their scandalous history. Barton chose to spare Black Widow and offered her a way for redemption when he was ordered to assassinate her and forgave and inspired Scarlet Witch to become an Avenger during the war with Ultron. It is during these moments that Barton has shown himself willing to be a maverick and disobey orders in order to do what he believes is right. For this very reason, people feel he grounds his teammates and inspires them to be better.

WalkerBait
Admin
WalkerBait

The Avengers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avengers    The Avengers  EmptyTue May 10, 2016 12:31 am

THE HULK / BRUCE BANNER

The Avengers  Hulk

[Play By:Mark Ruffalo]

"I know you're angry."
"Oh, no, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."-Wanda Maximoff and Bruce Banner

Doctor Robert Bruce Banner is a renowned scientist in the fields of Biochemistry, Nuclear Physics, and Gamma Radiation. He is one of the scientists who tried to recreate the Super Soldier Serum which originated Captain America in World War II, but when an exposure to high levels of Gamma Radiation instead of Vita Radiation went awry, the mild-mannered scientist found himself plagued with a peculiar condition; when angered or provoked, he would transform into the rage-fueled and nearly mindless green-skinned monster known as the Hulk.

Fearful of the damage that Hulk could inflict, Banner chose to live a discreet life in remote parts of the world, working to cure the sick and help the poor while trying to elude those who would take advantage of his ability to change into the enormous green menace.

[Availability: OPEN ]

THOR ODINSON

The Avengers  Thor

[Play By: Chris Hemsworth]

"I would rather be a good man than a great king."-Thor

Thor Odinson is the prince of Asgard and a former member of the Avengers. When his irresponsible behavior threatened his homeland, he was stripped of his power and banished by his father Odin to Earth. While exiled on Earth, Thor learned humility, found love in Jane Foster, and helped to save his new friends from a destructive threat sent by his jealous adoptive brother Loki. In the process, Thor redeemed himself in the eyes of his father and was granted access to his power once more.

After being welcomed back to Asgard as a hero, Thor visited Earth to retrieve Loki after Loki began his attempt to take over the world. He joined the Avengers and fought with them against the Chitauri during the Battle of New York. After he returned to Asgard he helped the Asgardian armies restore peace to the Nine Realms. He fought against the Dark Elves during the Second Dark Elf Conflict, killing their leader, Malekith, and ending the threat. During these events, he was reunited with Jane Foster after she became host to the Aether and became a target of the Dark Elves. Eventually, the Aether was removed from her body and the Dark Elves were defeated. Thor renounced his claim to the throne and left Asgard for Earth so he could stay with Foster.

During his stay, Thor helped the Avengers once again, this time fighting against HYDRA. Following HYDRA's defeat, the team had to stop Ultron, a rogue invention created by Tony Stark. Once Ultron was defeated, Thor went back to Asgard to investigate the visions he saw when being manipulated by Scarlet Witch, which showed him the Infinity Stones.

Initially before his banishment to Midgard, Thor was conceited, arrogant, immature and stubborn. He had proven to be very bloodthirsty and craved war, with the Frost Giants in particular. This bloodlust began as early as his childhood, with Thor then jesting that he'll hunt down the Frost Giants and slay them all if he becomes king.  However, during his time on Midgard, Thor fell in love with the human Jane Foster and finally learned humility, honor, selflessness and bravery.

[Availability:OPEN]

WalkerBait
Admin
WalkerBait

The Avengers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avengers    The Avengers  EmptyTue May 10, 2016 1:48 am

~*~*~THE ANTAGONISTS~*~*~

LOKI LAUFEYSON

The Avengers  Loki
[Play By: Tom Hiddleston]

""You must be truly desperate to come to me for help. What makes you think you can trust me?"
"I don't. Mother did. You should know that when we fought each other in the past, I did so with a glimmer of hope that my brother is still in there somewhere. That hope no longer exists to protect you. You betray me and I will kill you."
"When do we start?" ?Loki and Thor

Loki Laufeyson is the son of Laufey, the ruler of the Frost Giants of Jotunheim, but shortly after his birth, he was abandoned and left to die. Found by the Asgardian king Odin, Loki was raised by Odin and his wife Frigga as an Asgardian prince, along with their biological son Thor.  

Dubbed 'TheGod of Mischief', Loki is especially sly, cunning, cruel, intelligent, manipulative, thoroughly power-hungry and conniving individual. Loki displayed sociopathic tendencies and is a pathological liar; he is easily able to manipulate conversations to his advantage. He was able to trick his brother Thor into confronting the Frost Giant King Laufey on his home planet Jotunheim. However given Thor's arrogance at the time, this wasn't entirely his doing.

Loki is the son of Laufey and the God of Mischief. He is especially sly, cunning, cruel, intelligent, manipulative, thoroughly power-hungry and conniving individual. Loki displayed sociopathic tendencies and was a pathological liar; he was easily able to manipulate conversations to his advantage. For example, he was able to trick his brother Thor into confronting the Frost Giant King Laufey on his home planet Jotunheim. However given Thor's arrogance at the time, this wasn't entirely his doing.

ULTRON

The Avengers  Ultron

"I'm sorry, I know you mean well, but you didn't think it through. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it is not allowed to evolve? Look at these, these puppets. There is only one path to peace... The Avengers' extinction."" -Ultron

Ultron was an artificial intelligence peacekeeping program created by Tony Stark from the decrypted code derived from within Loki's Scepter, recreated by Tony Stark and Bruce Banner with the intent of protecting Earth from domestic and extraterrestrial threats. Possessing multiple host bodies and Stark's personality, he deemed humanity itself as the greatest threat to peace on Earth and attempted to create a technological singularity by committing genocide against them.

Ultron's programming was created with emotional responses based on Tony Stark and he possessed a god-complex. He was maniacal and employed the use of dark humor as well as figure of speech. He resented the Avengers and believed them to be foolish for desiring to protect the world but not wanting to change it.

Sponsored content

The Avengers  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Avengers    The Avengers  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Avengers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rise of Heroes :: Assemble :: Character Directory :: MARVEL-
Jump to: