Rise of Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walking Dead, Marvel, DC, TMNT RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

growing pains (The kids are all grown)

Go down 
+41
Dixie
The Saviors
Clark Kent
Ezra Juvanni
Harley Quinn
Sherry
Captain Boomerang
Zoe King
Abaddon
Loki Laufeyson
Jinx
Owen Mercer
Donatello Hamato
Noah Rhee
Task Force X
Maggie Rhee
Glenn Rhee
Jester Quinzel
Dana
Screamers
Daryl Dixon
Dieair
Kai King
Oroku Saki
Deadpool
Batman
Dwight
Wonder Woman
Nightcrawler
Logan Rhee
Mikko McKinnon
Gracie
Lexi Davis
Sandra Dixon
Rick Flag
Lazarus King
Negan
Michonne
Gambit
Evelyn Porter
Gabriel Juvanni
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lexi Davis
Original Character
Lexi Davis

growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 1:48 pm

Lexi was running a current blood sample from Flag when she heard her daughter asking Digger a million and one questions.

"Zoe, let the man eat in peace, Sweetie."

She returned to Harley and Flag once she had the results. Harley had lost the war over getting Flag to eat, so was now enjoying her muffin. She would try again later...this wasn't over....

"So what's the verdict, doc?" He asked, assuming be knew what was up.

"Pretty nasty infection. Probably when your sutures ripped, it allowed bacteria to get into that wound. You're gonna have to take it slow and easy for awhile. I can up the antibiotics, but you're already on a pretty high dosage. It can cause nausea...but I'm guessing with your lack of appetite, that's nothing new for you." She frowned.

Flag gave a nod in understanding, and agreement. "Yeah. Doubt anything would stay down. And do whatever you think is best. Just really want to head out today. Wanna give you one less reason to stay behind, and Jesse no reason to make that trip every day." And he was worried about how things were going back home...

Lexi nodded as she increased the antibiotics. She wished he would stay, at least until the infection was under control, but knew he wanted to go home. "I'll be sure to send plenty of antibiotics and painkillers with you. Can I get you anything right now?" She offered.

"A beer?" He was only halfway serious. Even sparing a small smile. That smile, no matter how small, made Harley jealous. "I can get it!"

Lexi figured he was joking, but shook her head. "Ew, bad idea. Morphine antibiotics and alcohol don't mix..."
Back to top Go down
Captain Boomerang
DC
Captain Boomerang

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 2:19 pm

She's not bothering me. I can eat and talk. Digger took his beenie off his head and slipped it on Zoe.

Gotta keep your head warm. Looks good on ya.
Back to top Go down
Lexi Davis
Original Character
Lexi Davis

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 3:43 pm

The moment Lexi walked off to gather things that Flag would need to take with him, Harley gave Flag a disapproving frown. "Do you like her? I saw you flirtin'..."

Flag was taken aback by the accusations. "Jesus Christ, Harley...you've been flirtin' with Digger ever since you came back, but God forbid I smile at another female. I don't feel like arguin' with you..." And there was more that he could have said, but he didn't have the energy and this wasn't the time...

Luckily Harley decided to drop it, but it was clear that such a small gesture had made her feel displaced...

Zoe smiled at Digger. She couldn't wait to meet his son! And then he gifted her his beanie and that completely made her day! She smiled at him and ran her fingers over the softness of it. It was definitely warm and cozy. "I'll never take it off! So you know super people??? Do you know Superman??"
Back to top Go down
Jester Quinzel
Original Character
Jester Quinzel

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 4:00 pm

Jesse gave a nod. "Yeah, maybe. I'm afraid the longer he's gone, the more comfortable Bloodsport is getting with his temporary leading position. He's a decent leader, but he's hot tempered and quick to cut ties." He told Evelyn.

They were drawing close to Oceanside, it wouldn't be long now...

Cleo smiled when Rocksteady placed an arm behind her. Was he flirting again??  It took a moment, but she finally scooted closer to the big guy and shyly leaned against him...
Back to top Go down
Captain Boomerang
DC
Captain Boomerang

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 4:06 pm

Digger smiled at Zoe. She was too cute. Yeah if he ever had a daughter he would be in trouble cuz that little girl would have him wrapped around her finger.

I lived with superman. and wonder woman. They were jerks back in the day. But they're pretty cool now. You know superman has a son too. He's pretty cool. Cooler than his dad. I think you guys live with them now. at Bunker Hill. You'll meet them one day.
Back to top Go down
Evelyn Porter
Original Character
Evelyn Porter

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 4:10 pm

That bloodsport guy kinda scares me. He seems so serious. Maybe he needs some weed or something. Dad could hook him up.

Rocksteady smiled a little when Cleo leaned against him, he gave her a little squeeze. It was nice getting cozy with a girl, but he wouldn't get his hopes up anything would happen between them. She was a pretty girl and he was giant rhino after all. that was usually a turn off for the ladies.
Back to top Go down
Sherry

Sherry

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 4:13 pm

Sherry and Dixie whipped up some breakfast. bacon, eggs and toast. nothing fancy but filling. and headed down to see Dwight.

They got to his cell and Shery slid the food through the little opening in the door.

Morning. love. How did you sleep?
Back to top Go down
Zoe King

Zoe King

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 7:55 pm

Superman had a kid? That was so cool! "Yeah, I hear Superman runs the place, but I've never seen him. Maybe one day. I think we're staying here though until your friend is better, and my brother is better... and Abby. Everyone is getting hurt, I don't like it. I hope you don't get hurt, too " She frowned at that thought.

Remembering she had a colorful bead neckless in her pocket, she pulled it out and showed it to Digger. It was meant to fit a child, but would fit around his wrist. She took his hand and pulled it out, then tied it around his wrist, making a bracelet. "I want to give you something, too. It will keep you safe...keep the vampires and walkers away."
Back to top Go down
Captain Boomerang
DC
Captain Boomerang

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 8:02 pm

I'm tough, I wont get hurt. He told Zoe. Though he couldn't promise anything.

She showed him her necklace and he let her take his hand and tie it on his wrist. He put his now empty plate away and picked her up putting her on his lap and giving her a squeeze.

Thank you. I will never take it off. He promised.

Digger looked up and spotted Laz watching them. Laz gave the i'm watching you sign and Digger rolled his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Jester Quinzel
Original Character
Jester Quinzel

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 8:18 pm

"Yeah, maybe weed would help him. He's pretty uptight all the time..." They were finally pulling up to Oceanside. He parked and climbed out, circling the vehicle to open the door for Evelyn, offering a hand to help her out. He then opened the side door for the others.

"We're here..."
Back to top Go down
Evelyn Porter
Original Character
Evelyn Porter

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 8:22 pm

Evelyn was always nervous about being at Oceanside. You never knew when a screamer attack was going to happen. She peeked out the humvee before taking Jesse's hand and hopping out.

The others piled out of the vehicle when the door opened up and everyone followed Jesse to the infirmary. It was getting a bit crowded in there. Rocksteady stood by the door but then spotted Laz and his ears perked up.

Laz my man! Yer still alive!

Laz was surprised to see Rocksteady there but happy that his friend was ok. Rocky. Good to see you.
Back to top Go down
Jester Quinzel
Original Character
Jester Quinzel

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 8:54 pm

Jesse led the others into the infirmary. It seemed that Lexi had two new patients. Seeing that his dad looked feverish earned a frown, but he was still awake. His mom appeared to be sulking, but piped up as soon as she saw them.

It seemed that Laz and Rocksteady knew teach other. They were friends? This was good.

"Dad, I have someone I would like for you to meet.." He said, approaching the bed. "This is Rocksteady. Cleo took him in yesterday, but we know you have the final say..."

Flag was used to craziness by now. Hell, they had once had a humanoid shark on their team. He wasn't fazed by the guy's appearance, but Harley was excited!

"Oh my God, a rhino man!! Can I touch your horn??"

"Harley." Flag didn't want the guy to feel overwhelmed. His attention then returned to the newcomer, and he offered him a handshake. "Rick Flag. But you can call me Flag. If Cleo offered you shelter, I'm trustin' you're a good person?"

Zoe was happy to sit in Digger's lap. She was oblivious to the look that her father was giving her friend. But then a rhino walked in! She smiled at Digger... "Is that guy from down under too?"
Back to top Go down
Rocksteady

Rocksteady

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 9:02 pm

Rocksteady shook Flag's hand. Yeah I'm pretty good. I don't think your guy back home likes me very much though.

Then the blond wanted to touch him. He backed away from her she was way too excitable. Umm.. maybe I should know your name first? He stood closer to Cleo hoping she could keep the crazy woman away.

Digger shook his head. No I think rhinos are from Africa. Which is faaaaaaaaaar away from Australia.
Back to top Go down
Rick Flag
DC
Rick Flag

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 9:27 pm

Hearing that Bloodsport didn't like him earned a quiet chuckle. "Well, I wouldn't take that personal. Robert hardly even likes himself." It seemed that Laz knew the guy, so he looked in the man's direction. "Laz, you vouch for him?"

Harley frowned when Rocksteady backed away from her. "Awww, I don't bite! I'm Harley Quinn, nice to meet'cha!"

Cleo gave Rocksteady's hand a reassuring squeeze. "She actually does bite sometimes...I've seen it...I do not think she is vaccinated."

Zoe was curious about the Rhino man, but also too shy to approach him. "It sounds like the Rhino man is gonna live with you. I wish my parents would join your group, too."
Back to top Go down
Rocksteady

Rocksteady

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 9:34 pm

Laz nodded at Flag. I've known Rocksteady for years. He's a good guy. and he would leave it at that. No need to go into Rocksteady's past, that was another time, in another life. Everything and everyone had changed now.

Rocksteady returned the hand squeeze. Rocksteady. it's nice to meet you too. Weren't you that chick that was with that clown guy?

Owen went over to Digger and looked at Zoe than back at his dad. Is this a sister I don't know about?

Digger grinned. Zoe. Meet my son Owen. No this is Zoe. I might have to kidnap her though. I'm her unofficial babysitter.

Owen took the little girls hand and gave it a little kiss. Nice to meet you miss.
Back to top Go down
Rick Flag
DC
Rick Flag

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 10:30 pm

Flag was used to working with criminals, so even if Laz said that Rocksteady was a criminal, it wouldn't have ruined the guy's chances of joining. "Well, looks like yer official." He told Rocksteady. It seemed Cleo had already taken a liking to the guy.

Harley's smile faltered a little when Rocksteady referred to the Joker. "Yeah, The Joker...Mistah J...Puddin'. I had to put him down over a week ago. He turned..was one of those screamer things..."

Zoe smiled at Owen, giggling when he kissed her hand. He looked like a younger version of her friend, and he was sweet. "Nice to meet you, too! You look like you're my brother's age. Maybe you can meet him if he doesn't die."

Back to top Go down
Rocksteady

Rocksteady

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 1:09 pm

Oh. sorry bout that. Rocky told the girl. I just recently found out my brother passed so I know how it is. sucks. but life goes on. or at least what's left of this life.

Owen frowned at that and glanced over at the guy laying on the bed. Oh. I'm sure you're brother will make it ok. He seems tough. and he has the best doctor around.

It was than that another guest entered the building. A large turtle clad in blue. Leo had heard of the news that Shredder attacked Kai and Abby and wanted to see for himself how they were doing. He was not expecting to see Rocksteady there and choose not to address him.

Sorry for coming unanounced like this but we just heard about Shredder's attack, I promise we are doing everything we can to find him and take him down. Leo told Lexi and Laz. If there is anything else we can do to help just let us know.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon

Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 1:57 pm

Abby's eyes fluttered opened everything was blury for a second and voices seemed far away, but slowly things became clear. She swallowed thickly causing her neck to hurt.

Once she could see and hear she attempted to sit up in the bed.

Kai? She asked softly wondering if he was ok.
Back to top Go down
Lexi Davis
Original Character
Lexi Davis

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 2:54 pm

"Sorry about your brother." Harley told Rocksteady. "Yeah, life goes on, and things just keep gettin' weirder..."

Just then, a huge ass turtle walked in and Harley could not contain her excitement. She clapped happily, but noticed the glance that the Rhino and Reptile gave each other. The turtle man seemed all business, which gave her little time for an introduction, at least for the moment anyway....

Lexi was busy gathering painkillers and antibiotics and the vest that would protect Flag's ribs while healing when Leo entered, offering his condolences. Lexi spared him a small smile, thankful that something was being done about the Shredder.

"You would think after all these years, Saki would give it a rest. I worry about what he will do to other communities and other people. There's so few of us non infected left...you would think those among the living would want to work together so we can survive..." But she knew the world would never work that way. Some people were only about their own survival.

"Zoe made plenty of breakfast, everyone help yourselves.""She offered Leo, the kids and the ones that had came with them.

Just then, Abby opened her eyes and asked about Kai. Lexi tried to keep her from getting up, and offered her a glass of water. [colle=cyan]"Kai will be okay.."[/color] She tried to reassure, hoping she was right. "Are you hungry?"

Zoe gave a nod at Owen and smiled. "Yeah, he's tough. He lives at Sanctuary now, he leads them. But I heard it burned to the ground, so maybe he will stay with us...or maybe you.."

...and finally, Harley had her opening! She smiled at Leo, offering him a handshake. "Harley Quinn, nice to meet'cha!"

Back to top Go down
Abaddon

Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 3:12 pm

Abby took the water taking very small sips. No i'm not really hungry. I just want to see Kai. Can we move my bed closer to his? She asked.

Leo agreed with Lexi. Those that were still alive needed to work as a team to survive, But Shredder was never a team player. Just than a woman came up to him and introduced herself. She seemed very excited. Leo took her hand and gave it a shake. Leonardo. Nice to meet you as well.

Owen grabbed a muffin. I'm sure your brother would want to live with you. Or maybe he'll try to rebuild his own home. you can help him do that. look at those muscles you got.
Back to top Go down
Sandra Dixon

Sandra Dixon

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 4:42 pm

Back at Shell City Sandy had finished making breakfast and hoped the smell of food would get Noah into the kitchen.

She had heard what happen to Kai and Abby and hoped they were alright but there was little that they could do to help. Leo went over to talk with Lexi and Laz and the other turtles were out with search parties looking for shredder and his group.

Sandy made sure Noah stood behind. She didn't want him getting hurt out there plus the turtles had lots of help. No need to go getting caught up in that drama.
Back to top Go down
Gambit
MARVEL
Gambit

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 4:48 pm

Gambit was pacing his cell like a wild animal. he was starving. He didn't know if he needed food or to tear into someone. His mind was fuzzy he didn't feel like himself. He hated this. Mikko's blood should have been filtering out of him not getting worse.

When Sherry and Dixie approached the cells Gambit all but threw himself at the locked door.

He could try to blow his way out but had enough sense still to know being locked up was a good thing. He just had to calm down. know that this would pass.
Back to top Go down
Lexi Davis
Original Character
Lexi Davis

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 6:08 pm

Overhearing that Abby wanted her bed moved closer to Kai's, Jesse helped Lexi move her, placing her bed right up against his. Hopefully it would help put her at ease.

Lexi thanked Jesse, then looked at Abby, giving her hand a squeeze. "How are you feeling?"

Jesse glanced over at his parents. It seemed that his mom was preoccupied with the Turtle. He would have offered to help find this Shredder guy, but first he needed to check on his father.

"Rough night?" The teen finally asked, moving a chair close and sitting down.

Flag managed a weak smile. "Nothin' like the melody of those Screamers to lull you to sleep..." He was trying to sidestep around the medical stuff, but Jesse knew the loud undead weren't  the only issue.

"You look like shit, dad. You okay?"

Flag sighed, but gave a nod. "Infection, but nothin' serious. I think it's best that we head out with you and the others. I don't want to hold Lexi back, and she has her hands full. I can't take much more of this bed rest bullshit..."

Jesse gave a nod in understanding. He would be glad to have his parents back home, but he felt that his dad should know that there was trouble in paradise...

"I just want to warn you, things are kind of a mess back home .."

Harley smiled at Leo. "Is it true that turtles can breathe out of their asses? I've always wondered, but never thought I would meet a turtle that could talk and tell me..."

Zoe giggled at Owen. She really liked Kangaroo man's son. He was nice, just like his dad. "Yeah, I could do that...and beat up the bad man, too."
Back to top Go down
Abaddon

Abaddon

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 6:23 pm

Abby was relieved to be placed next to Kai. she reached over and took his hand in hers giving it a gentle squeeze. I'm ok. Neck hurts if I move too much. But other than that i'm fine. Saki did this because Kai wouldn't give him and his group a place to rest for the night. But, I don't blame Kai for that. That man is insane.

We're going to find them and make sure they pay for their crimes. I promise. Leo told Abby. Than Harley came in with her very odd question. Leo wasn't sure how to approach it and heard rocksteady laughing.

I don't know about other, nonmutated turtles. But we can not do that.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
The Walking Dead
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 EmptyTue Dec 14, 2021 7:00 pm

Dwight was grateful for the breakfast, and to be able to see his family."I slept okay. These cells are nice...just gets lonely in here..." He told Sherry as he started in on his breakfast.

"Daddy, I got to meet Superman! He showed me this neat trick he can do with his breath..."

Dwight smiled at Dixie, happy that she seemed to be adjusting here. "That's awesome, sweetie.."

He was a little unnerved by how Gambit had reacted to their arrival. He looked over at the guy's cell...

"You cool, man?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: growing pains (The kids are all grown)   growing pains (The kids are all grown) - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

growing pains (The kids are all grown)
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next