Share | 

Hollow Heroes [Open to all]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Melissa Andreas
Original Character

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:44 pm

" Lydia we gotta wait for Bebop Toad is out there and I can't have my weapons with me. But I gotta ask are you really my age or much younger?" Mel asked Lydia curious because something had to be off if the girl was her age and was acting like a little kid two years into surviving Walkers. While she wanted to go back and cling to childhood she couldn't unless she didn't want to survive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bebop
TMNT

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:05 pm

Bebop scooped up both girls and set them on his shoulders. Ok we're off. He walked out of the room and headed out into the lobby. they passed by Bruce and Carl and that all seemed like a mess. He did eye the cat woman though and made a note to talk to her later.

After passing them, they headed to the stores.

Were to first?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lydia Chikara
Original Character

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:20 pm

"Yep, 100 percent fourteen years old! At least until I turn fifteen," Lydia replied, smiling. "Why do you ask?"

Ezra stayed behind as they left, promising to catch back up with them later on. He was still a bit suspicious of Bebop, but because he'd been so kind towards Lydia for this long he decided to leave it for now.

Meanwhile...

Passing by the situation in the lobby, Lydia waved to Love as they went by.

"Toy store first!" Lydia requested as they neared the shopping area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melissa Andreas
Original Character

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:31 pm

" Well I'm 14 as well and you kinda act like your 8 or something." The teen replied as she held onto Bebop quickly getting used to being carried by him. If this was what he did with Lydia then she could handle that.

" Toy store? Haven't been in one of those in a long time." Mel commented.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bebop
TMNT

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:54 am

Well I think Lydia acts just fine! Ain't no reason to rush into growing up. And I made plenty sure that she wouldn't have to. Bebop said proudly. He was quite proud with how he had handled finding the young girl and taking care of her.

He headed to the toy store, one of them anyway. The one that was on the ground floor, figuring they can start there and work their way up.

The shop was called F.A.O Schwarz. A strange name for a toy store. But stepping inside was like going into a whole new world. They were greeted by stuffed animals. But not just any stuffed animals. Life sized, tigers and lions. From the front of the store you could see a stuffed dragon that had to be no less then six feet tall.

He put the girls down and then noticed on the floor, one of those pianos that you stepped on to play.

The place seemed to have everything. Every beanie baby. life like doll. Victorian doll houses. There was stuff for boys too. Superhero figures, and statues. Prices were on the shelves and holy crap! There was a lego set that was going for four hundred dollars! One Beanie baby was a thousand. What kinda parent bout this stuff for their kid? This had to be a toy store for adult collectors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melissa Andreas
Original Character

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:56 pm

" Unless you're forced to Bee." She pointed out as she looked around the toy store curious still it was nothing like the ones she went to before the change. The price alone would've driven her parents away no matter how much she begged to go in and get something. Clenching her fists she refused to cry this was going to be a happy day and not a day filled with other bullshit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glenn Rhee
The Walking Dead

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:47 pm

Glenn could practically feel the weight lifted from her shoulders. She had been holding out, for him. And now, she could rest. There was so much that he needed to tell her, so much that he needed to get off his chest, but considering her state and hearing the news.... his demons would have to remain his own to carry....

Daryl probably knew the truth by now and he hated that his friend had to face it alone, and soon... poor Carl would be dealt another cruel hand. This life had been anything but fair, but he was grateful that Maggie had survived her encounter with Negan...

Trying to mask the worry from his features, he managed a small smile when she mentioned moving back to the bed, and commenting on how amazing the mattresses are...

"Yeah, they said 'bed rest'... you need to do that..." He struggled to his feet, ignoring the pain in his back, and helped her to her feet. After tucking her in, he fussed over the pillow and blankets, making sure they were just right. He sat on the edge of the bed, wanting nothing more than to join her, but first, he needed to make sure she was okay...

"Are you hungry? Thirsty? Can I get you anything?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carl Grimes
The Walking Dead

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:02 pm

Carl wasn't sure what to expect when the Cat rose her hand, a green orb hovering above her palm. He had never seen anything like it, but there was not a look of surprise or curiosity, just a blank expression. He had only heard of magic and special powers and of course, it was all make believe. But in a world where the dead walked once again, nothing surprised him anymore....

Did this 'woman' expect him to trust her so quickly? Now, she was offering him his vision. Something deep inside of him yearned for that, but he knew better... and Erica's words reminded him.....Everything, Everything came at a price...

Carl wasn't sure why she had taken such an interest in him. He had no way of knowing that she had looked into his soul, and saw that darkness that continued to grow. How at such a young age, his heart was hardened and becoming colder with each loss....

"She's right... everything comes at a price. I don't need two eyes to trust you. Trust is earned...and there's always a motive. Now... what do you want?!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loventrice Dixon
Original Character

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:15 pm

Ugh this boy was a lot more difficult then she expected. She let her hand drop and glanced over at the girl standing close by ready to shoot.

What do I want? I want you to trust me. I want to help you. To prepare you for the years to come.

She answered as she seemed to float around him.

How about I start earning your trust by going to help Daryl bring Rick back. He'll need the extra set of hands I think. And my steed wont run of gas on the way back.

Love moved back in front of Carl and started to vanish in a lime green mist.

We're going to make a good team, Carl.

She gave the boy a wink before vanishing totally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raphael Hamato
TMNT

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:19 pm

"Surely you have a robe.." Raphael continued to cover his eyes and wasn't happy with her refusal to cover herself. Just what the hell was wrong with this couple?! Sure, Mikko was attractive and seemed willing to show off her stuff, but he still felt like he was violating in some way by looking....

Of course, there was also that beastly side of him. If he became too worked up, the animal could take over... it was best to try and prevent that!

"Put on yer robe and follow me..." He instructed, and without waiting, turned and started to walk off...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maggie Rhee
The Walking Dead

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:27 pm

Once Maggie was back in bed and comfortable she reached out for Glenn and gave a very light tug on his pants.

No I'm good. I just want you to come lay down with me. Unless you need to be seen to.

Because she was still worried about his condition.

And tell me, what happen out there? Have you seen the others?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:44 pm

Fiiiiine! Mikko grabbed the robe and slipped it on, but didn't tie it up, or cover her front. She turned to Wade and gave him a light poke in the chest.

You. Sleep. She then kissed him and grabbed his ass before skipping out the room behind Raph.

Having been caught up with Carl, Bruce had instructed Raph to drop her off in the downstairs lab. So that's where Mikko was following Raph. She was taking in the sites of the new location quietly, for a while anyway. Then he spoke up.

So are you Batman's new boytoy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glenn Rhee
The Walking Dead

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:36 pm

Hearing that she did not need anything, Glenn slid out of his pants, leaving his boxers, then slipped into bed with her, pulling her close. He nuzzled her head, comforted by the familiar scent of her, the feel of her in his arms. It felt like it had been an eternity. Since their separation, his biggest worry was to find her. To know that she was safe, and know he had her...

He wished that he could forget everything else. The nightmares that would plague him, the heartbreak he would have to see on Carl's face... on Daryl's....

...and then came the question. How he'd hoped she wouldn't ask. And now more than ever, he wished he was a good liar, but that was something he had never been good at. He had a horrible poker face, and often times, a big mouth. But, she was pregnant, he needed to find a way to spare her for as long as he could. She would know the sad truth way too soon....

"When we were separated, I was with... with Rick.... and Michonne..." He told her, pressing a kiss against her forehead as his fingers carefully kneaded the stiff muscles of her back. "How about you? Did you see anyone?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daryl Dixon
The Walking Dead

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:04 pm

Boots sinking in the deep snow, Daryl couldn't remember a blizzard this bad. He had grown up in the South where such conditions rarely touched him, and this was Atlanta.... it shouldn't be this bad. It was certainly a sign of the times. A world where the dead walked. Dysfunctional weather conditions should not surprise him. It was annoying, if anything. But life rarely gave them a break. This day would be no exception.

The hours passed by slowly and darkness gave way to light, and despite undying determination, the tracker was forced to stop for a rest. A quick one, only long enough to set a fire and make short work of the granola bar that had been packed away inside his backpack. Oh, how he hated these things. They tasted like tree bark. The only decent ones were the peanut butter ones, but unfortunately for him, Michonne had claimed those when the box was discovered months back.

Chewing quietly on his bar, thoughts flooded him. How he wished that Michonne was here, to claim the last of the chocolate chips, too. That girl was a bottomless pit to be so skinny. He also missed Rick's company. Even in the most hopeless situations, he always seemed to have the right thing to say.Even when he knew Rick was scared, the leader always did his best. He became the big brother that Merle failed to be.

Daryl had always been a loner, but after having this family and being cut off from them, it certainly caused his heart to ache. There was no Carol to dote over him or encourage. He hoped that wherever she was, she was okay. But he had a feeling she was. Carol was a natural born survivor. Something that he had always admired about the woman.

Sighing deeply to exhale the thoughts, Daryl shoved the last bite of the flaky bar into his mouth and forced himself up, using his boot to smother the fire with snow. He shouldered his backpack and cross bow, deciding to leave his bike hidden beneath the snow covered brush for now. It was almost useless in the thickness.

One good thing about the elements, it made it difficult for the Walkers to move about. Though, it did present another problem. Some laid buried beneath the snow. Fortunately he knew the signs to look for. Indentions in the surface that indicated prior movement. Still, each step was cautioned.

Finally reaching his destination, Daryl couldn't deny the ache in his chest and the upset in the pit of his stomach.Even with the heavy snow, the stench of blood still lingered in the air. The air still tense with the fear this area had experienced some hours before. An eery feeling clung to the atmosphere. The birds watched on without song. An indication there was no immediate threat in the area, but even they sensed the sadness of this place....

There were no immediate signs of malice, but only for the untrained eye. Moving closer to the line of trees, Daryl slid his fingers down the blood splattered bark of an old pine. And another. Blood, and chunks of flesh that had not been picked away by scavenging critters. As he moved closer to inspect one of the trees, his foot snagged something beneath the snow, causing his heart to sink....

Swallowing down the sense of dread, he dropped his pack and slowly kneeled, hands digging into gently grasp the corners of the tarp that was obviously hiding something.... something that someone wanted him to find....

Hands shaking, knowing that his heart was about to be crushed, he struggled to mentally prepare himself for whoever was beneath....

Flashbacks of those he loved, and lost..each of their faces smiling before fading into nothing...

Another deep breath, and he quickly pushed it back, exposing the body that laid stomach-down on the unforgiving earth. The victim's head bashed beyond recognition, but enough remained to make the heartbreaking identification...

Anger quickly gave into sorrow, another brother... gone. Taken in a senseless and brutal act. His heart shattered, feeling the overwhelming loss, letting it sink in, to take him. There was no one here to hold it together for... he rarely had time to grieve... this was too much!

"NOOOO!" A heart wrenching scream cut through the air, no longer having the capacity to be quiet.  Grabbing a hold of Rick's hand, he squeezed as if there was hope of a response. Feeling the cold, stiffness, Daryl slumped forward and buried his face against his friend, allowing the tears to fall...

"No..no....no..." He whispered in between heaves, body shaking uncontrollably. "Carl.. Carl needs you... Judith....you can't..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loventrice Dixon
Original Character

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:31 pm

When Love left Carl she ended up in the woods not too far from Daryl, but not close enough to be noticed. She would just follow the man for a while until he needed help. She rode on the back of her demonic steed. A horse looking creature, with a skull head, leathery scaly skin, glowing eyes. Behind them were five of her hellhounds. Large doberman beast who's flesh burned with green flames.

She stopped far behind Daryl when the man stopped and and started to dig in the ground. She knew who was buried there and would patently wait for him to find his friend and get his emotions out.

Unfortunatly Daryl's cries triggered the hounds into a fit of hellish howls. Their cries echoed through the trees.

A few minuets of this and Love kicked her horse forward towards Daryl.

He's in a better place, you know. He fought well in this life, he's sure to be rewarded in the next.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lydia Chikara
Original Character

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:59 pm

Without hesitation, Lydia went to explore the place. There were so many toys, and she could play with them all! She hadn't been able to properly play with toys since she was much much younger. She carried her stuffed animals with her everywhere she went, however they were treated more like security blankets than anything else. Little things to keep her sane. To keep her from falling into despair. Today was a special day to her, and thus she wanted to make the most of it.

She found the most beautiful doll house, and opened it up to play. It was even more beautiful on the inside! Dozens of rooms, elegant furniture made from silky soft material, and working lights! And then for the doll family. She took the mother and father and placed them on one of the couches. They were going to sit and watch television together. That's what parents do, right? She put the older brother in his bedroom. He was going to play video games for hours and hours. That's what older brothers do, right? And then she took the little sister doll. She hesitated a moment, examining the little doll, and then put her in her own doll bedroom, right onto her little doll bed. This little doll girl would go to sleep and have the most lovely of dreams, and when she woke up in the morning there would be her mother and her father and her loving older brother and they'd all be happy and smiling and together and everything would be wonderful and normal and nice.

"This is nice, isn't it?" She asked Shelby. She smiled at the silent, wordless response. No crying. Not now.

She took another doll and held it up. "Hey, Mel Mel! Wanna play over here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melissa Andreas
Original Character

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:12 pm

" I don't play with dolls was never into that stuff. All my playmates were boys except for my sister." Mel answered her form play was rough and tumble and pulling off all sorts of crazy stuff that drove her parents crazy.

" Do you play sports?" She asked curious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bebop
TMNT

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:12 pm

Bebop let the girls do what they wanted and walked around the store himself. He walked into the back of the store where there was a set up of instruments. That was more his speed. He grabbed a pair of drum sticks and sat himself behind the very large drum kit. He gave some light taps to all the tom-toms and snares.

Then with a silent three count in his head he started to bang out Ac/DC's All night long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lydia Chikara
Original Character

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:23 pm

"Sports? No... I never played any. Was never into that sorta thing. Unless running away from walkers counts as a sport~" Lydia replied. "Lydia much prefers reading and writing and napping and playing with dolls. Never had any playmates though, 'cept for my brother, but he wasn't really into dolls either!"

You sure you don't want to play?" She held up the doll again. She kinda looks like you. She could be Little Lydia's friend."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carl Grimes
The Walking Dead

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:06 pm

And with a poof, the creature that seemed to only communicate with his was gone. Carl still wasn't sure what to make of this whole thing, but it did not sit well with him. Should he believe her? Of course not. He was so used to disappointment that he never, ever got his hopes up anymore. To do so would open yourself up to pain. But, maybe if she brought his dad back, alive....

Exhaling an angry breath, he finally turned, seeing Erica standing there. There was definitely comfort in that fact. The one person, outside the select few in his group, that he connected with. Perhaps it was the fact that she was close in age, coupled with the fact that she, like himself, was a survivor. Whatever it was, there was definitely an undeniable connection. He didn't take interest in the frontal nudity of the woman that passed with the giant Turtle. He had seen his share of crazies in his short life. Nothing fazed him.

Bouncing Judith in his arms to quiet the now awake baby's coos, he stepped closer to Erica. "That... I don't know what that was. I don't know what to make of any of this. It's horse shit..." He huffed, but realizing that he was so flustered, he tried to take it down a notch, knowing his irritation was with an entity that wouldn't hold good on her word.

"You okay?" Sure, she was strong and unshaken, but it seemed like the polite thing to ask after such an experience, and he was trying to communicate. Trying to remember how a living person acted. "Daryl is out there.. alone. And all of these... 'supers' ....just let that happen."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daryl Dixon
The Walking Dead

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:39 pm

Unfortunately the moment to grieve his fallen brother was cut short by the demonic howls of creatures not of this earth. Daryl was quick to grab his crossbow and sprung to his feet as the 'demon' approached, his aim level with her head. He wasn't sure what to make of any of this, but she had shown up at the worst time possible, and her words seemed to cut into his soul like a serrated knife....

"A better place?! Try tellin' that to the two orphans he left. You tell that to Rick! A better place? All he ever wanted was to be with his kids! He didn't want this... he didn't DESERVE this!" He spewed, as if the creature had a hand in this somehow.

"What do you want?!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
loventrice Dixon
Original Character

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:47 pm

Love didn't care about the weapon pointed at her head. Though it would suck if he pulled the trigger, it wouldn't harm her much. She slid of her mount and gave the animal pet on it's head.

The dogs danced around her legs as she walked to Rick's body and bent down to inspect it.

Well. Can't really tell Rick much of anything now, can I? She lifted Rick's head up then set him back down. No. He didn't deserve this. But he didn't feel much pain.

Love stood back up.

Death took his soul long before his body died. I'm sorry. I didn't introduce myself. I'm Love. I'm here on behave of young master Carl. He was quite upset that you were out here alone so I came to make sure that you made it back to the mall alright.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daryl Dixon
The Walking Dead

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:20 am

"His KIDS!!" Daryl corrected when she voiced that she could not tell Rick anything, fighting the urge to send an arrow through her brain when she dared to touch Rick. "Keep yer paws off him!" He seethed. Just who the hell did she think she was?!

...'Young Master Carl'? Just what the hell was going on?! Sure, Daryl believed in creatures of folk lure, but.. demons? This... it was too much. Especially considering all he had been through. The angry tears still fell despite having to deal with this in the middle of his heart being ripped out.

"You gonna make sure I come back 'alright', are you? What about Rick? If yer some kind of spirit... you do somethin' that matters!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loventrice Dixon
Original Character

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:35 am

Love lifted her hands up. Fine fine. No touching. But gotta get him out the snow and into a blanket or something. I can get another mount out here to put him on to bring him back.

Then Daryl started yelling about doing something to actually help. she knew what he had in mind. But her powers as a low level demon was very limited. She couldn't give a dead man his soul back. That was Death's department. Sure she dabbled in a bit of necromancy. But Love had a feeling Daryl didn't want Rick back as a soulless beast.

Everyone always wants to bring the dead back to life. You would think after living in this world you would be against such a thing. But....

Love looked Daryl over for a moment. I'll see what I can do. Move the body here. laying on his back, arms at his sides. She instructed and pointed to an area that was free from any rocks or branches. A clean patch of snow.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maggie Rhee
The Walking Dead

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:46 am

Maggie shook her head. No. But I can't remember too much. I must have hit my head or something. Or blocked out the attack. I don't know. I do remember bits of things. Like flash backs. I remember being chased. I can remember my cloths being torn up. But I don't know if it was by people or from getting caught on things in the woods when I was running.

I know when I woke up I was in here and a man named Robbin was here taking care of me. I kinda freaked out on him and tried to kill him with a lamp.
She said with a cheeky smile.

Maggie pulled the covers up to her chin and wrapped and arm around Glenn.

I'm so glad yer here and ok. I hope the others find this place soon too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hollow Heroes [Open to all]   

Back to top Go down

Hollow Heroes [Open to all]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next